unit test 'errorhandlertestcase' failed

Weiming
Hi,

I am a first-time user of log4cxx. I checked out the latest svn trunk and
have successfully compiled the source code on Fedora 22. But 'make check'
failed on the unit test 'errorhandlertestcase'.

My console output related to errorhandlertestcase is appended at the very
end of this post for the reference.

Basically, it shows that "output/filtered" is empty, which should have the
same content as "witness/fallback1".

I checked the source code at Line 79 of
src/test/cpp/varia/errorhandlertestcase.cpp .

Transformer::transform("output/temp", "output/filtered", filters);

I didn't quite understand what Transformer::transform tries to achieve. Does
it tries to filter out (delete) everything in "output/temp" which matches
the patterns of the filters? If so, i think it makes sense for
"output/filtered" to be empty.

Hope someone more familiar with the implementation can help me on
troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks

===== Console output related to unit test 'errorhandlertestcase' =====

errorhandlertestcase: -log4cxx: DOMConfigurator configuring file
input/xml/fallback1.xml...
log4cxx: debug attribute= "".
log4cxx: Ignoring internalDebug attribute.
log4cxx: Threshold ="".
log4cxx: Level value for root is [debug].
log4cxx: OptionConverter::toLevel: no class name specified, level=[debug]
log4cxx: root level set to DEBUG
log4cxx: Class name: [org.apache.log4j.FileAppender]
log4cxx: FB: Setting primary appender to [PRIMARY].
log4cxx: FB: Adding logger [root].
log4cxx: Class name: [org.apache.log4j.FileAppender]
log4cxx: Setting option name=[File], value=[output/temp]
log4cxx: Setting option name=[Append], value=[false]
log4cxx: Parsing layout of class: "org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout"
log4cxx: Setting option name=[ConversionPattern], value=[FALLBACK - %c -
%m%n]
log4cxx: FB: Setting backup appender to [FALLBACK].
log4cxx: Setting option name=[File], value=[output/xyz/:x.log]
log4cxx: Setting option name=[Append], value=[false]
log4cxx: Parsing layout of class: "org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout"
log4cxx: Setting option name=[ConversionPattern], value=[%-5p %c{2} - %m%n]
log4cxx: Adding appender named [PRIMARY] to logger [root].
File [witness/fallback1] longer than file [output/filtered].
--------------------------------
Contents of output/filtered:
--------------------------------
Contents of witness/fallback1:
1   : FALLBACK - test - Message 0
2   : FALLBACK - root - Message 0
3   : FALLBACK - test - Message 1
4   : FALLBACK - root - Message 1
5   : FALLBACK - test - Message 2
6   : FALLBACK - root - Message 2
7   : FALLBACK - test - Message 3
8   : FALLBACK - root - Message 3
9   : FALLBACK - test - Message 4
10  : FALLBACK - root - Message 4
11  : FALLBACK - test - Message 5
12  : FALLBACK - root - Message 5
13  : FALLBACK - test - Message 6
14  : FALLBACK - root - Message 6
|Line 88: Compare::compare("output/filtered", "witness/fallback1") was
expected to be true, was false.
FAILED 1 of 1