log4net 2.0.8 for .NET Core referencing mix of 1.0 and 1.1 packages

log4net 2.0.8 for .NET Core referencing mix of 1.0 and 1.1 packages

Mark Traudt

Mark Traudt | Chief Technology Officer
Quantifi Inc.
17 Union Pl | Floor 2 | Summit | New Jersey | 07901
Tel: +1 (908) 273-9455

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, contains information of Quantifi, Inc. (Summit, NJ, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted, and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: log4net 2.0.8 for .NET Core referencing mix of 1.0 and 1.1 packages

Stefan Bodewig
Thanks Mark

I'm sure this has not been intentional, it's probably been me updating
something without looking close enough.

Do you happen to know which dependencies are 1.1 packages? If not we'll
check the dependencies ourselves, but maybe you've already got a list

Stefan

Re: log4net 2.0.8 for .NET Core referencing mix of 1.0 and 1.1 packages

Mark Traudt

Hi Stefan,

Unortunately I did not get to that level of detail.

At some level this is not a problem log4net needs to solve, especially since Microsoft is likely to make a change to avoid the warning message. But if not intentional then probably good to do to avoid confusion.

Mark

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:20 AM -0400, "Stefan Bodewig" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I may find a bit of time over the weekend to look into it. The most
difficult part will likely be to understand whether we actually need 1.1
by now or whether we can go back to 1.0 dependencies only.

Stefan

On 2017-04-10, Mark Traudt wrote:

> Hi Stefan,

> Unortunately I did not get to that level of detail.

> At some level this is not a problem log4net needs to solve, especially since Microsoft is likely to make a change to avoid the warning message. But if not intentional then probably good to do to avoid confusion.

> Mark

> Mark Traudt | Chief Technology Officer
> Quantifi Inc.
> 17 Union Pl | Floor 2 | Summit | New Jersey | 07901
> Tel: +1 (908) 273-9455
> [https://www.quantifisolutions.com/Data/Sites/1/media/emailsignature/horizontal_red-line_email.jpg]<https://www.quantifisolutions.com>
> [https://www.quantifisolutions.com/Data/Sites/1/media/emailsignature/web_email_sig-01.jpg]<https://www.quantifisolutions.com>   [https://www.quantifisolutions.com/Data/Sites/1/media/emailsignature/twitter_email_sig-01.jpg] <https://twitter.com/quantifi>    [https://www.quantifisolutions.com/Data/Sites/1/media/emailsignature/linkedin_email_sig-01.jpg] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/quantifi-inc->    [https://www.quantifisolutions.com/Data/Sites/1/media/emailsignature/google_email_sig-01.jpg] <https://plus.google.com/+Quantifisolutions-software>

> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:20 AM -0400, "Stefan Bodewig" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Thanks Mark

> I'm sure this has not been intentional, it's probably been me updating
> something without looking close enough.

> Do you happen to know which dependencies are 1.1 packages? If not we'll
> check the dependencies ourselves, but maybe you've already got a list

> Stefan

> Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, contains information of Quantifi, Inc. (Summit, NJ, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted, and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: log4net 2.0.8 for .NET Core referencing mix of 1.0 and 1.1 packages

Mark Traudt

Stefan,

If it is too difficult then it may be worth waiting as the preview of .NET Core 2.0 should be out in 1-2 months and this issue may be moot.

I do want to thank you for the time you spend enhancing log4net and keeping it relevant in a changing technology landscape. Very much appreciated.

Mark