log4j2 and Java WebStart

Benjamin Asbach
Hello,

I wonder if someone is using log4j2 with Java WebStart?

I currently try to integrate log4j2 into such an application environment
but recognized that the JNLP2Classloader is not able to obtain log4j2
meta-data from other jar files. So only the api plugins (core meta data
is not found) are loaded and the logging does not work.

Is there any known work around? Is WebStart supported by log4j2?

Thanks in advance
Benjamin

Re: log4j2 and Java WebStart

Ralph Goers
I have never tried with web start however you might try using the log4j-3.0 SNAPSHOT on master.  That uses a different mechanism to locate plugins which might work better for you.

Ralph