chainsaw publish to central?

Alex O'Ree
Not sure if this is the right list butwould it be possible to get someone
to publish chainsaw to maven central?

Re: chainsaw publish to central?

Matt Sicker
I was the release manager last time and was only able to figure out
how to create the jars, not the desktop executables and such. Based on
the fact that we've merged a few features since 2.0, it may be coming
up close to time to release again.

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 10:37, Alex O'Ree <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure if this is the right list butwould it be possible to get someone
> to publish chainsaw to maven central?

Re: chainsaw publish to central?

Alex O'Ree
Roger that. I was looking to borrow some of the log4j parsing code that
already existing in chainsaw. When I couldn't find a recent version
central, I decided to build from source. That turned out to be a bit more
work than anticipated. I checked it out from github, which is probably my
mistake. The pom relative paths (we really should avoid that practice) do
not work unless you have all the parent projects checked out too.  I also
had a few issues related to jdk versions and various maven plugin versions
(probably due to the lack of parent pom resolution). The build requires mvn
site first, then mvn install? It's a bit strange but i understand why it's
there. Anyhow, I'm not complaining. I eventually got it to build and am up
and running.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was the release manager last time and was only able to figure out
> how to create the jars, not the desktop executables and such. Based on
> the fact that we've merged a few features since 2.0, it may be coming
> up close to time to release again.
>
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 10:37, Alex O'Ree <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Not sure if this is the right list butwould it be possible to get someone
> > to publish chainsaw to maven central?
>

> --
> Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

Re: chainsaw publish to central?

Matt Sicker
Chainsaw could use some love updating its codebase and modularizing
it. There hasn't been much active development on it otherwise in the
past few years (though it's remained stable of course). If you'd like
to help extract libraries in the code, that could be awesome.