Tentative release date for 2.13.1?

Rodrigo Merino-2
Hi all,

Is there any general idea of when 2.13.1 will be released? I am interested
on the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2415

Thanks in advance!
Rodro

--
<http://www.mulesoft.com/>
Rodrigo Merino, Runtime Developer

Av. Juana Manso 999 Piso 6, Buenos Aires,
<http://alligatorcreek.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/email-signature.html#>C1107CBS,
Argentina

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/www.mulesoft.com>
<https://twitter.com/mulesoft>   <https://www.facebook.com/MuleSoft>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/mulesoftvids> We're hiring!
<http://www.mulesoft.com/careers>

Re: Tentative release date for 2.13.1?

Gary Gregory-4
On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 11:49 AM Rodrigo Merino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any general idea of when 2.13.1 will be released? I am interested
> on the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2415

And I the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2762
:-)

Gary

> Thanks in advance!
> Rodro
>

> --
> <http://www.mulesoft.com/>
> Rodrigo Merino, Runtime Developer
>
> Av. Juana Manso 999 Piso 6, Buenos Aires,
> <http://alligatorcreek.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/email-signature.html#
> >C1107CBS,
> Argentina
>

> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/www.mulesoft.com>
> <https://twitter.com/mulesoft>   <https://www.facebook.com/MuleSoft>
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/mulesoftvids> We're hiring!
> <http://www.mulesoft.com/careers>

Re: Tentative release date for 2.13.1?

Ralph Goers
Well, that is a question for me since historically I have done almost all the releases. Matt has done some in the past but no one else has ever volunteered.

Performing a release requires about 6-8 hours of my time. I have to run the build several times to validate things and verify the web site build. Due to that I typically go and review the open Jira tickets and look for ones I feel are either especially important, are easy to fix, or already have complete pull requests. After I have done that work I will perform the work needed for the release. All of that adds up to about 3 solid days worth of work. Given that I typically work at least 60 hours of my week on my day job finding that kind of time is often challenging. Believe me, I would love to do nothing but work on Log4j full time, which is why I have setup sponsorship at GitHub, but without that kind of support releases have to wait until they fit into my schedule.

As it stands, I have just completed a project at work that was demanding much more of my time than normal so I should have time to start looking at outstanding Jira issues this weekend. Once I have made progress with those I will begin the release process.

Ralph

> On Jan 31, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 11:49 AM Rodrigo Merino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there any general idea of when 2.13.1 will be released? I am interested
>> on the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2415
>

> And I the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2762
> :-)
>
> Gary
>

>> Thanks in advance!
>> Rodro
>>

>> --
>> <http://www.mulesoft.com/>
>> Rodrigo Merino, Runtime Developer
>>
>> Av. Juana Manso 999 Piso 6, Buenos Aires,
>> <http://alligatorcreek.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/email-signature.html#
>>> C1107CBS,
>> Argentina
>>

>> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/www.mulesoft.com>
>> <https://twitter.com/mulesoft>   <https://www.facebook.com/MuleSoft>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/user/mulesoftvids> We're hiring!
>> <http://www.mulesoft.com/careers>

Re: Tentative release date for 2.13.1?

gaurav9822@gmail.com
Hi Ralph,

I would love to know how I can help you with the release process.

Thanks,
Gaurav

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 12:18 AM Ralph Goers <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Well, that is a question for me since historically I have done almost all
> the releases. Matt has done some in the past but no one else has ever
> volunteered.
>
> Performing a release requires about 6-8 hours of my time. I have to run
> the build several times to validate things and verify the web site build.
> Due to that I typically go and review the open Jira tickets and look for
> ones I feel are either especially important, are easy to fix, or already
> have complete pull requests. After I have done that work I will perform the
> work needed for the release. All of that adds up to about 3 solid days
> worth of work. Given that I typically work at least 60 hours of my week on
> my day job finding that kind of time is often challenging. Believe me, I
> would love to do nothing but work on Log4j full time, which is why I have
> setup sponsorship at GitHub, but without that kind of support releases have
> to wait until they fit into my schedule.
>
> As it stands, I have just completed a project at work that was demanding
> much more of my time than normal so I should have time to start looking at
> outstanding Jira issues this weekend. Once I have made progress with those
> I will begin the release process.
>
> Ralph
>
> > On Jan 31, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 11:49 AM Rodrigo Merino
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Is there any general idea of when 2.13.1 will be released? I am
> interested
> >> on the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2415
> >

> > And I the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2762
> > :-)
> >
> > Gary
> >

> >> Thanks in advance!
> >> Rodro
> >>

> >> --
> >> <http://www.mulesoft.com/>
> >> Rodrigo Merino, Runtime Developer
> >>
> >> Av. Juana Manso 999 Piso 6, Buenos Aires,
> >> <http://alligatorcreek.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/email-signature.html#
> >> Argentina
> >>

> >> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/www.mulesoft.com>
> >> <https://twitter.com/mulesoft>   <https://www.facebook.com/MuleSoft>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/user/mulesoftvids> We're hiring!
> >> <http://www.mulesoft.com/careers>

Re: Tentative release date for 2.13.1?

Ralph Goers
The best way is to look at the out standing Jira issues and create PRs for any of the ones you can fix.

Ralph