RE: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project

RE: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE
Hi,

The reason why I don't want to use JNLP is : I would like to install chainsaw on machines that have no access to the Internet. The only mean I can use to install something on this machine is using scp. I guess I can't use java web start in this case.

cheers,

Anne

Re: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project

Paul Smith-2
Then try the link just below that one on the Chainsaw page:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/chainsaw-bundle.zip

Paul

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The reason why I don't want to use JNLP is : I would like to install chainsaw on machines that have no access to the Internet. The only mean I can use to install something on this machine is using scp. I guess I can't use java web start in this case.
>
>cheers,
>
>Anne

Mike Blake-Knox
On 4/26/05, Curt Arnold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Chainsaw has been moved to its own CVS module (logging-chainsaw).
> Apparently the build instruction have not been updated.

The instructions and script seem to still be the old ones as what's
there doesn't reference logging-chainsaw.

Where would the new ones be?  An updated script would be especially nice.

Shouldn't the old ones be deleted?

Thanks

Mike

--
Mike Blake-Knox

RE: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE
Thank you !

Last time I visited the chainsaw doc page there was an "install-chainsaw.xml" file that first required a connection to the Internet and secondly required to have log4j 1.3 oro etc... installed.

Regards,

Anne