RE: Building the latest log4cxx from source

RE: Building the latest log4cxx from source

Sandhya Sundaresan

Hello again,

Didn’t get any responses to my question below.  Any log4cxx developers or users out there ?  A few additional questions :

1.      Which version are you’ll using ?

2.       Did you build your own version from the latest source repository and is it working ok ?

3.       Is log4cxx 0.10.0 (from 2008) really the latest release ? I see references to 0.11.0 in many of the JIRAs but cannot find it in the Downloads page for  log4cxx.  https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/download.html

We are using log4cxx in Apache Trafodion .

Thanks

Sandhya

Re: Building the latest log4cxx from source

Robert Middleton
Sandhya,

There has been no release of log4xx 0.11.0.  The latest version of 0.10.0 is the latest released version.

I use the version of log4cxx that is in the Debian repositories, it is still version 0.10.0 with a few patches applied.

Unfortunately I can't provide any information on the multi process logging, that's not a feature that I have ever used.

-Robert Middleton

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 2:48 PM Sandhya Sundaresan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello again,

Didn’t get any responses to my question below.  Any log4cxx developers or users out there ?  A few additional questions :

1.      Which version are you’ll using ?

2.       Did you build your own version from the latest source repository and is it working ok ?

3.       Is log4cxx 0.10.0 (from 2008) really the latest release ? I see references to 0.11.0 in many of the JIRAs but cannot find it in the Downloads page for  log4cxx.  https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/download.html

We are using log4cxx in Apache Trafodion .

Thanks

Sandhya

Sandhya

Re: Building the latest log4cxx from source

Ralph Goers
FYI - All Apache Logging projects, including log4cxx, have recently been moved to GitBox - which essentially allows committers and contributors to use GitHub directly. So now pull requests can be created at GitHub, reviewed and applied. The log4cxx project would really like help. Several folks have put some effort into getting a release out and made some progress towards that, but obviously none have completely succeeded.  I haven’t worked in C/C++ in quite a while but I’d be happy to help with the process but I haven’t personally coded in C or C++ in 18 years - although I programmed in both for nearly 20 years prior to that.

Ralph

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 6:23 PM, Robert Middleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sandhya,
>
> There has been no release of log4xx 0.11.0.  The latest version of 0.10.0
> is the latest released version.
>
> I use the version of log4cxx that is in the Debian repositories, it is
> still version 0.10.0 with a few patches applied.
>
> Unfortunately I can't provide any information on the multi process logging,
> that's not a feature that I have ever used.
>
> -Robert Middleton
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 2:48 PM Sandhya Sundaresan <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>> Didn’t get any responses to my question below.  Any log4cxx developers or
>> users out there ?  A few additional questions : 1.      Which version are
>> you’ll using ? 2.       Did you build your own version from the latest
>> source repository and is it working ok ? 3.       Is log4cxx 0.10.0 (from
>> 2008) really the latest release ? I see references to 0.11.0 in many of the
>> JIRAs but cannot find it in the Downloads page for  log4cxx.
>> https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/download.html
>>

>> We are using log4cxx in Apache Trafodion .
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sandhya

Thanks  for both the responses !

I'll keep you'll posted on how it goes using the latest source .

Thanks

Sandhya