PropertyConfigurator.configure problem

Tishkin, Eugene

Why when I call PropertyConfigurator.configure method and provide
 Properties object as a parameter or file, it's looking for
 log4j.properties file anyway and grabs first on the CLASSPATH?

Shouldn't it just use what was provided?

Regards,
Eugene Tishkin

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Any
distributing, copying or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
accidentally, please delete it and notify the sender. Although this message has been
screened for viruses, we cannot guarantee that our virus scanner will detect all
viruses and take no responsibility for any damage or loss that may be caused by its
contents.

Re: PropertyConfigurator.configure problem

James A. N. Stauffer
See the "Default Initialization Procedure" section at
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html

Bascially default initialization is probably happening before you call
PropertyConfigurator.configure.  It would be best to remove
log4j.properties from the classpath.

On 5/4/05, Tishkin, Eugene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why when I call PropertyConfigurator.configure method and provide
>  Properties object as a parameter or file, it's looking for
>  log4j.properties file anyway and grabs first on the CLASSPATH?
>
> Shouldn't it just use what was provided?
>
> Regards,
> Eugene Tishkin
>
> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Any
> distributing, copying or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail by anyone other
> than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
> accidentally, please delete it and notify the sender. Although this message has been
> screened for viruses, we cannot guarantee that our virus scanner will detect all
> viruses and take no responsibility for any damage or loss that may be caused by its
> contents.

James Stauffer