OS

linameng1@outlook.com
Hello, I am doing an investigation.
Does Windows Server 2019 support the following products:

Apache Log4j      1.2.11
Apache Log4j      1.2.14
Apache Log4j      1.2.15
Apache Log4j      1.2.16
Apache Log4j      1.2.17
Apache Log4Cxx 0.10.0
Apache Log4net  1.2.11.0
Apache Log4net  1.2.12

Is the other version supported?
Can you tell me, thank you very much.

Re: OS

Matt Sicker
Log4j is a Java library and works on any platform the JDK does (which
does include Windows Server). As for those versions of log4net and
log4cxx, I don't know offhand if they're updated for recent versions
of Windows. You should look at the most recently released versions, or
have a look at their git repositories.

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 04:59, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I am doing an investigation.
> Does Windows Server 2019 support the following products:
>
> Apache Log4j      1.2.11
> Apache Log4j      1.2.14
> Apache Log4j      1.2.15
> Apache Log4j      1.2.16
> Apache Log4j      1.2.17
> Apache Log4Cxx 0.10.0
> Apache Log4net  1.2.11.0
> Apache Log4net  1.2.12
>
> Is the other version supported?
> Can you tell me, thank you very much.

Re: OS

Ralph Goers
Actually, this list includes versions of Log4j 1.x.  Log4j 1.x reached End-Of-Life in August of 2015, so it is not officially supported on any platform and is known to have issues in newer versions of the JDK.  Log4j 2 is supported on any platform the JDK is supported on.

Ralph

> On Apr 17, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Log4j is a Java library and works on any platform the JDK does (which
> does include Windows Server). As for those versions of log4net and
> log4cxx, I don't know offhand if they're updated for recent versions
> of Windows. You should look at the most recently released versions, or
> have a look at their git repositories.
>
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 04:59, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I am doing an investigation.
>> Does Windows Server 2019 support the following products:
>>
>> Apache Log4j      1.2.11
>> Apache Log4j      1.2.14
>> Apache Log4j      1.2.15
>> Apache Log4j      1.2.16
>> Apache Log4j      1.2.17
>> Apache Log4Cxx 0.10.0
>> Apache Log4net  1.2.11.0
>> Apache Log4net  1.2.12
>>
>> Is the other version supported?
>> Can you tell me, thank you very much.
>>

> --
> Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

Re: OS

Matt Sicker
Ah yes, great point. While log4j 1.x might still run (maybe), it's no
longer supported.

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 12:38, Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually, this list includes versions of Log4j 1.x.  Log4j 1.x reached End-Of-Life in August of 2015, so it is not officially supported on any platform and is known to have issues in newer versions of the JDK.  Log4j 2 is supported on any platform the JDK is supported on.
>
> Ralph
>
> > On Apr 17, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Log4j is a Java library and works on any platform the JDK does (which
> > does include Windows Server). As for those versions of log4net and
> > log4cxx, I don't know offhand if they're updated for recent versions
> > of Windows. You should look at the most recently released versions, or
> > have a look at their git repositories.
> >
> > On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 04:59, [hidden email]
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello, I am doing an investigation.
> >> Does Windows Server 2019 support the following products:
> >>
> >> Apache Log4j      1.2.11
> >> Apache Log4j      1.2.14
> >> Apache Log4j      1.2.15
> >> Apache Log4j      1.2.16
> >> Apache Log4j      1.2.17
> >> Apache Log4Cxx 0.10.0
> >> Apache Log4net  1.2.11.0
> >> Apache Log4net  1.2.12
> >>
> >> Is the other version supported?
> >> Can you tell me, thank you very much.
> >>

> > --
> > Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

OS

linameng1@outlook.com
Hello, I am doing an investigation.
Does Windows Server 2019 support the following products:

NTEventLogAppender (Apache Log4j)  1.2.15.1

Can it be installed on windows2019?
Is the other version supported?
Can you tell me, thank you very much.

Re: OS

Remko Popma-2
Please tell us more about yourself and what you are investigating.

Remko

> On Apr 18, 2019, at 14:34, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, I am doing an investigation.
> Does Windows Server 2019 support the following products:
>
> NTEventLogAppender (Apache Log4j)  1.2.15.1
>
> Can it be installed on windows2019?
> Is the other version supported?
> Can you tell me, thank you very much.

答复: OS

linameng1@outlook.com
The previously written project is ready to run on Windows 2019. First investigate whether Windows 2019 supports the software and plug-ins used.

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>应用

________________________________
差出人: Remko Popma <[hidden email]>
送信日�r: Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:48:45 PM
宛先: Log4J Users List
件名: Re: OS

Please tell us more about yourself and what you are investigating.

Remko

> On Apr 18, 2019, at 14:34, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, I am doing an investigation.
> Does Windows Server 2019 support the following products:
>
> NTEventLogAppender (Apache Log4j)  1.2.15.1
>
> Can it be installed on windows2019?
> Is the other version supported?
> Can you tell me, thank you very much.

Re: OS

Ralph Goers
The answer to this question is the same as the one we gave you yesterday. Log4j 1.x reached end-of-life in August of 2015. So no, NTEventLogAppender is not supported. You can certainly install it and try it but any problems you may find will not be fixed here. Since it is open source you are free to fix any problems you may find.

Ralph