[NOTICE] pear.apache.org is being shut down, April 20th 2017.

[NOTICE] pear.apache.org is being shut down, April 20th 2017.

Daniel Gruno
Hi folks,

as the subject says, we'll be shutting down pear.apache.org in about 30
days from now. There is no immediate replacement scheduled, as the
service is not being actively used or maintained. Please make sure you
are not actively relying on this service. If you have any questions or
comments, please direct them to [hidden email]

With regards,
Daniel on behalf of ASF Infra.

Re: [NOTICE] pear.apache.org is being shut down, April 20th 2017.

Christian Grobmeier-3
Hi Daniel,

log4php is not using pear.

Thanks,
Christian

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 20:43, Daniel Gruno wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> as the subject says, we'll be shutting down pear.apache.org in about 30
> days from now. There is no immediate replacement scheduled, as the
> service is not being actively used or maintained. Please make sure you
> are not actively relying on this service. If you have any questions or
> comments, please direct them to [hidden email]
>
> With regards,
> Daniel on behalf of ASF Infra.

Re: [NOTICE] pear.apache.org is being shut down, April 20th 2017.

Chris Mattmann
The Apache OODT project does try to publish PHP client code for
our software to pear.apache.org (in fact, Gav has helped us do so
in the past).

Can some replacement be provided?

Thanks,
Chris

On 3/20/17, 12:43 PM, "Daniel Gruno" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi folks,

    as the subject says, we'll be shutting down pear.apache.org in about 30
    days from now. There is no immediate replacement scheduled, as the
    service is not being actively used or maintained. Please make sure you
    are not actively relying on this service. If you have any questions or
    comments, please direct them to [hidden email]

    With regards,
    Daniel on behalf of ASF Infra.

Re: [NOTICE] pear.apache.org is being shut down, April 20th 2017.

Gavin McDonald

On 21 Mar 2017, at 6:45 am, Christian Grobmeier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

log4php is not using pear.

Thanks,
Christian

Thanks Christian,

Might be an idea to remove the mention of the pear channel from your downloads [1] page then ;-)

Thanks

Gav…

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 21:07, Gavin McDonald wrote:

On 21 Mar 2017, at 6:45 am, Christian Grobmeier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

log4php is not using pear.

Thanks,
Christian

Thanks Christian,

Might be an idea to remove the mention of the pear channel from your downloads [1] page then ;-)

That's for sure. Actually we should do a release anyway... *sigh* :-)

Thanks

Gav…

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 20:43, Daniel Gruno wrote:
Hi folks,

as the subject says, we'll be shutting down pear.apache.org in about 30
days from now. There is no immediate replacement scheduled, as the
service is not being actively used or maintained. Please make sure you
are not actively relying on this service. If you have any questions or
comments, please direct them to [hidden email]

With regards,
Daniel on behalf of ASF Infra.

Re: [NOTICE] pear.apache.org is being shut down, April 20th 2017.

Sven Rautenberg
The usual way to distribute PHP libraries today is via Composer (the dependency manager) and packagist.org (the central package registry site).

Am 20. März 2017 20:58:22 MEZ schrieb Chris Mattmann <[hidden email]>:
The Apache OODT project does try to publish PHP client code for
our software to pear.apache.org (in fact, Gav has helped us do so
in the past).

Can some replacement be provided?

Thanks,
Chris

On 3/20/17, 12:43 PM, "Daniel Gruno" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi folks,

as the subject says, we'll be shutting down pear.apache.org in about 30
days from now. There is no immediate replacement scheduled, as the
service is not being actively used or maintained. Please make sure you
are not actively relying on this service. If you have any questions or
comments, please direct them to [hidden email]

With regards,
Daniel on behalf of ASF Infra.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sven Rautenberg