Moving the project from the incubator to Logging Services

Moving the project from the incubator to Logging Services

Ralph Goers
The Logging Services PMC has voted to move Log4cxx out of the incubator back into Logging Services. I will start a vote on the Incubator general list to accomplish this. After the vote completes we can discuss whether the code should stay in subversion of move to git.

Re: Moving the project from the incubator to Logging Services

johndament
Can you share a link to the vote?

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 12:04 PM Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Logging Services PMC has voted to move Log4cxx out of the incubator back into Logging Services. I will start a vote on the Incubator general list to accomplish this. After the vote completes we can discuss whether the code should stay in subversion of move to git.

Re: Moving the project from the incubator to Logging Services

johndament
Thorsten,

As the only active contributor to log4cxx (for some reason I keep seeing it written as log4jcxx) I just want to confirm you're aware of the goal.  I didn't see a community graduation vote from the podling.

John

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 12:18 PM Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will on the vote thread in incubator but only ASF members will be able to read it as it is on the private list.

Ralph

On Mar 11, 2017, at 10:12 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can you share a link to the vote?

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 12:04 PM Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Logging Services PMC has voted to move Log4cxx out of the incubator back into Logging Services. I will start a vote on the Incubator general list to accomplish this. After the vote completes we can discuss whether the code should stay in subversion of move to git.

Re: Moving the project from the incubator to Logging Services

johndament
Thorsten,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:50 AM Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> wrote:
Guten Tag John D. Ament,
am Samstag, 11. März 2017 um 18:45 schrieben Sie:

> [...]I just want to confirm you're aware of the goal. I didn't see a
> community graduation vote from the podling.

I think I am: Incubation failed and log4cxx might be moved back under
the logging services umbrella as somewhat inactive project like
log4php, to be able to work on it and provide support as needed. The
docs say a graduation vote is recommended instead of required and like
Ralph already mentioned, because of the lack of community it doesn't
seem to make much sense at all.

I was not aware I'm expected to start one in this special case, but
obviously don't want to stand in the way. So please just tell me what
you expect me to do, besides following the discussion of course.

Actually no, the term community is vague enough that its effectively anyone who's interested in the project.  There's nothing more for you to do.  In this case, Ralph is serving with the community's interest.  At the same time, I don't think its fair to vote on the subject here, since  its a team of one.

Just to point out - incubation never *fails* - the desired results simply weren't met.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04