Log4net New Releases

Ílson Bolzan
Hi.

I was just wondering.
Given that there are commits from 8 days ago on the source repository.
Does anyone know hy the last stable release is from 2013?

Thanks,
Ílson Bolzan

AW: Log4net New Releases

Dominik Psenner-2

Hi,

there are 2 people maintaining log4net and both of them could not find the spare time to get a release out of the door. If you would like to see releases more often a good idea would be to get involved! J

Cheers,

Dominik

Das Bild wurde vom Absender entfernt.

Re: Log4net New Releases

Ílson Bolzan
Hi,

That's nice to hear from someone of the team.
What can i do to help?

Log4net is a great software and i really want to see it evolving.

Thank you,
Ílson

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 5:29 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

there are 2 people maintaining log4net and both of them could not find the spare time to get a release out of the door. If you would like to see releases more often a good idea would be to get involved! J

Cheers,

Dominik

AW: Log4net New Releases

Dominik Psenner-2

Great to hear that you’re ready to make your hands dirty!

The ASF works as a meritocracy, meaning that when you gain the trust and merit more privileges, the PMC will kindly ask you if you are willing to take the privileges together with the obligations that come along with those privileges.

Stick around and you will be noticed.

Cheers,

Dominik

Das Bild wurde vom Absender entfernt.

Re: Log4net New Releases

Stefan Bodewig
On 2015-08-17, Ílson Bolzan wrote:

> I was just wondering.
> Given that there are commits from 8 days ago on the source repository.
> Does anyone know hy the last stable release is from 2013?

There are several reasons but the mostly boil down to too little time
available to too few hands.

If you take away the commits made to remove support for 1.x frameworks
and polish the build system in trunk there hasn't been changed that much
since 2013.  Not enough that seemed to warrant a new release, at least.

Stefan