Log4jcxx web site

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Log4jcxx web site

Ralph Goers
The log4cxx web site needs to be update to:
A) point to the git repos instead of svn
B) remove the incubator logo and perhaps replace it with a project specific logo.
C) replace the disclaimer on the main page regarding being an incubator project.
D) Change the mailing list page to direct to [hidden email] - which hopefully will be complete soon

Do you need help with any of this?

Ralph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Log4jcxx web site

Ralph Goers
The main page looks good now but the source repository information at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/source-repository.html is still pointing to subversion.

Ralph

On Apr 10, 2017, at 3:06 AM, Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> wrote:

Guten Tag Ralph Goers,
am Sonntag, 9. April 2017 um 21:15 schrieben Sie:

The log4cxx web site needs to be update to:

Applied all changes. Regarding the dev-mailing list, I simply guessed
that it will follow the old naming scheme and will be available in the
same archives as before? Or should I delete them for now?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-dev/
http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.logging.dev
http://marc.info/?l=dev
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.logging.devel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Log4jcxx web site

Matt Sicker
Yikes, we need to apply the alternate theme to that site! Default Maven site theme looks like it was designed 20 years ago.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:07, Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
The main page looks good now but the source repository information at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/source-repository.html is still pointing to subversion.

Ralph

On Apr 10, 2017, at 3:06 AM, Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> wrote:

Guten Tag Ralph Goers,
am Sonntag, 9. April 2017 um 21:15 schrieben Sie:

The log4cxx web site needs to be update to:

Applied all changes. Regarding the dev-mailing list, I simply guessed
that it will follow the old naming scheme and will be available in the
same archives as before? Or should I delete them for now?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-dev/
http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.logging.dev
http://marc.info/?l=dev
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.logging.devel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow






--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Log4jcxx web site

Matt Sicker
Also, I'm guessing that's a cache issue again. I see all git info on that page.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:11, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yikes, we need to apply the alternate theme to that site! Default Maven site theme looks like it was designed 20 years ago.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:07, Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
The main page looks good now but the source repository information at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/source-repository.html is still pointing to subversion.

Ralph

On Apr 10, 2017, at 3:06 AM, Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> wrote:

Guten Tag Ralph Goers,
am Sonntag, 9. April 2017 um 21:15 schrieben Sie:

The log4cxx web site needs to be update to:

Applied all changes. Regarding the dev-mailing list, I simply guessed
that it will follow the old naming scheme and will be available in the
same archives as before? Or should I delete them for now?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-dev/
http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.logging.dev
http://marc.info/?l=dev
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.logging.devel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow






--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>



--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Log4jcxx web site

Ralph Goers
Yeah, that’s strange. I had cleared the cache so I expected it to be correct. I refreshed the page and it is now correct.

Ralph

On Apr 10, 2017, at 6:11 PM, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Also, I'm guessing that's a cache issue again. I see all git info on that page.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:11, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yikes, we need to apply the alternate theme to that site! Default Maven site theme looks like it was designed 20 years ago.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:07, Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
The main page looks good now but the source repository information at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/source-repository.html is still pointing to subversion.

Ralph

On Apr 10, 2017, at 3:06 AM, Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> wrote:

Guten Tag Ralph Goers,
am Sonntag, 9. April 2017 um 21:15 schrieben Sie:

The log4cxx web site needs to be update to:

Applied all changes. Regarding the dev-mailing list, I simply guessed
that it will follow the old naming scheme and will be available in the
same archives as before? Or should I delete them for now?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-dev/
http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.logging.dev
http://marc.info/?l=dev
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.logging.devel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow






--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>



--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Log4jcxx web site

Matt Sicker
I had a lot of fun worrying about the log4j site when I updated it and at one point it became just a directory listing. Non-atomic CMS, curses.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:26, Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah, that’s strange. I had cleared the cache so I expected it to be correct. I refreshed the page and it is now correct.

Ralph

On Apr 10, 2017, at 6:11 PM, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Also, I'm guessing that's a cache issue again. I see all git info on that page.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:11, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yikes, we need to apply the alternate theme to that site! Default Maven site theme looks like it was designed 20 years ago.

On 10 April 2017 at 20:07, Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
The main page looks good now but the source repository information at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/source-repository.html is still pointing to subversion.

Ralph

On Apr 10, 2017, at 3:06 AM, Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> wrote:

Guten Tag Ralph Goers,
am Sonntag, 9. April 2017 um 21:15 schrieben Sie:

The log4cxx web site needs to be update to:

Applied all changes. Regarding the dev-mailing list, I simply guessed
that it will follow the old naming scheme and will be available in the
same archives as before? Or should I delete them for now?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-dev/
http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.logging.dev
http://marc.info/?l=dev
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.logging.devel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow






--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>



--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>




--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Log4jcxx web site

Robert Middleton
In reply to this post by Matt Sicker
The HTML definitely needs to be updated - when I was messing around
with the maven site generation a few months ago I did try to update
the plugin version, but the site looked all odd.  I'm not sure if that
is because of out of date code, or the maven-site.vm(I haven't used
the maven site builder before).  Would doxygen be a better solution?

-Robert Middleton

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 5:22 AM, Thorsten Schöning
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guten Tag Matt Sicker,
> am Dienstag, 11. April 2017 um 03:11 schrieben Sie:
>
>> Yikes, we need to apply the alternate theme to that site! Default
>> Maven site theme looks like it was designed 20 years ago.
>
> Do you mean the fluido skin? I've read the docs about it and tried to
> apply it to the current site, but the HTML structure seems to be
> different to what is currently in use. Is there a source where I could
> download the default HTML template for that skin? Something which
> replaces our current "maven-site.vm" I guess?
>
> https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/
> https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/sample.html
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Log4jcxx web site

Matt Sicker
In reply to this post by Matt Sicker
Yup, I was talking about the fluido skin. I was able to get it working with log4j-boot's site pretty easily, but copying the files from log4j looks like it worked just fine.

On 11 April 2017 at 09:46, Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> wrote:
Guten Tag Thorsten Schöning,
am Dienstag, 11. April 2017 um 11:22 schrieben Sie:

> Is there a source where I could
> download the default HTML template for that skin? Something which
> replaces our current "maven-site.vm" I guess?

I simply copied most of the skin/theme/template stuff from log4j over
for now so that log4cxx doesn't look that old anymore. If that was the
wrong thing to do or you find any errors, please let me know.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow




--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>