BufferedIO vs AsyncAppender

Hein Meling
Hi

The FileAppender has the following option:

    <param name="BufferedIO" value="true"/>

When using this, it appears that some messages will not get logged when
exiting the JVM.  I even tried to do a LogManager.shutdown(), but it
still did not save the last few log messages.  Is there any way to
ensure that the messages gets logged?

Furthermore, I wonder if AsyncAppender has the same problem as described
above??  And what is the actual difference between AsyncAppender and
using the BufferedIO option?

I guess what I really need is some way of manually flushing things to
disk when I know that the application is going to shut itself down.

Thanks,

  Hein