Alternate appender in case of failure

norbimou
I would like to set up an alternate appender in case of error of the
primary appender.
But I would like too that if  the primary appender is up again, it
handles the events and the backup appender be closed.

I tried FallbackErrorHandler but it does not allow the primary appender
to be used again.
I tried too to set up a custom error handler based upon the
FallbackErrorHandler but I could not get this working (because the
ErrorHandler can not be notified when the primary appender is up again).
All that I could do was to keep the two appenders running simutaneously.

Do you have any idea to achieve my goal ?

thank you,